Ginger grew up in rural Western New York state, spending long days in the woods and fields around her country home. She learned gardening, painting, an appreciation of art and poetry, and the names of the wildflowers from her parents and grandfather.
Leaving home, she moved to Washington, DC where she spent 12 years studying and working. She married, moving to Maine, and then to New Hampshire. After working 24 years first as an art therapist and then as a clinical social worker, she changed careers and returned to art.
In 1995 she opened Paint Artisans, painting murals and architectural finishes in Lakes Region homes and businesses. At the same time, Ginger began studying horticulture in earnest. In 2000 Garden Artisans LLC opened as a full service organic gardening business. In 2015, after 15 successful years providing full services, Garden Artisans LLC downsized and now provide consultation, design, and plant procurement services only.
Ginger lives in Belmont, NH with her husband, 2 corgis, and 2 cats. Her interests include conservation, art, reading, kayaking, beading, walking, and, of course, gardening!
Pertinent Licenses, Certifications, & Accreditations
- NOFA Accredited Organic Land Care Professional
( 2004 – present)
- UNH Master Gardener (1999-2013)
Pertinent Civic Activities
- Penstock Park Garden, Belmont, NH Public Garden Coordinator (2012-present)
- Hands Across the Table (weekly free meal program),
Laconia, NH Volunteer and Board Member ( 2011-present)
- Laconia Area Bicycle Exchange, Laconia, NH Advisory Board (2014-present)
- Belmont Conservation Commission: Commissioner (2004 to 2009)
Pertinent Memberships and Affiliations
- NOFA-NH (Northeast Organic Farmer’s Assoc.)
- NOFA-CT/MA Organic Land Care Professional Accreditation
- Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests
- Sierra Club
- Nature Conservancy
- National Wildlife Federation